Presentations: Post-launch update
A few weeks ago, we launched a brand new version of Wiredrive Presentations. Here’s a list of some of the issues we’ve uncovered and resolved since the launch:
- The fullscreen function was only available for Quicktime videos in OS X. We’ve built a new fullscreen option that works on all audio and video assets across all current browsers for both OS X and Windows.
- Fill/Max selections in the file detail carried over when switching between files. They now reset for each asset.
- Reels that had an image or PDF first in the sequence were advancing to the second file before the presentation had finished loading. The auto-advance timer now initiates once the page has fully loaded.
- The HTML5 video player was not playing all videos correctly in Chrome because of a bug with the browser. We’ve reconfigured our playback strategy to use a different video player in Chrome until the issue is resolved.
- The modified RSS URL format was not compatible with new reels (existing RSS-powered sites were not affected).
- Users were unable to send single file presentations if the file did not have a custom thumbnail image.
- Internet Explorer 9 was not auto-advancing in Library reels when using Quicktime.
- The Podcast button was not automatically opening iTunes.
- Comments in Gallery presentations could not be saved in Internet Explorer 7.
- Empty reels were showing an endless loading indicator.
- Plain-text Bundle emails did not preserve line breaks.
Style Issues (Fixed)
- Larger customer logos created a smaller video playback area from some users. The header now reduces (depending on logo size) to increase the size of the video playback area.
- Thumbnail images in Bundle emails were reduced. They have been resized to their original, larger dimensions.
- The “View” buttons in Bundle presentation emails were replaced with text links. The text links have since been removed in favor of re-adding the “View” buttons.
- The font size in the message body of Bundle emails was too large and has been reduced.
- Some videos in Firefox displayed a white border when clicked.
- HTML5 audio files displayed a clear drop shadow in Safari.
By Lindsey Jones
Tags: presentations, updates
See more from Wiredrive:
MediaSilo and Wiredrive Join Together to Evolve Collaboration
We are pleased to announce that effective immediately, Wiredrive and MediaSilo have joined forces to become the largest platform for creative video collaboration in advertising and media & entertainment.
5 Blockbuster Ads from the 2016 Super Bowl
Counting down the days until Super Bowl 51: if last year’s commercials are any indication of what’s to come, we’re in for some real popcorn entertainment. At Wiredrive we not only look forward to the big game on Super Bowl Sunday, we also look forward to the biggest commercial showdown of the year. In anticipation
Securely managing the collaborative power of a Hollywood giant
Leslie Osborne is the Assistant Manager, Worldwide Creative Content at Paramount Pictures. With a long title and an even longer list of responsibilities, Osborne is at the charge to create and oversee marketing content across some of Paramount’s largest feature films, including Interstellar, Transformers, The Big Short, and more recently, Arrival, Fences, and Silence.