System updates to database, search, forms, and menus
Database speed, optimization and search improvements
Wiredrive has contracted with Percona™—one of the largest, most respected MySQL consulting firms—to completely optimize our database. We are pleased to report that these optimizations have:
- Significanty increased performance for search queries and data load times (up to 75% faster)
- Eliminated queries that put stress on our servers and slow down the application speed
- Improved the functionality of Library search to include partial-word searching
- Fixed known issues with ordering results
Rebuilt send forms
As part of the preparation to release our new UI, we’ve rebuilt our presentation send forms in both Projects and Library. Changes include:
- Streamlined information and layout between forms to eliminate inconsistencies
- Reduced overall form height and optimized layout for better use on tablets and smaller laptops
- Consolidated email image options to reduce wasted space
- Larger message fields for easier typing and review
- Smarter forms that remember presentation settings based on previous preferences
- Enhanced expiration date and time options for Library Presentations (perviously, users could only choose date)
Along with the send forms, we’ve updated the application menu UI for easier navigating, especially on touch interfaces.
By Lindsey Jones
See more from Wiredrive:
MediaSilo and Wiredrive Join Together to Evolve Collaboration
We are pleased to announce that effective immediately, Wiredrive and MediaSilo have joined forces to become the largest platform for creative video collaboration in advertising and media & entertainment.
5 Blockbuster Ads from the 2016 Super Bowl
Counting down the days until Super Bowl 51: if last year’s commercials are any indication of what’s to come, we’re in for some real popcorn entertainment. At Wiredrive we not only look forward to the big game on Super Bowl Sunday, we also look forward to the biggest commercial showdown of the year. In anticipation
Securely managing the collaborative power of a Hollywood giant
Leslie Osborne is the Assistant Manager, Worldwide Creative Content at Paramount Pictures. With a long title and an even longer list of responsibilities, Osborne is at the charge to create and oversee marketing content across some of Paramount’s largest feature films, including Interstellar, Transformers, The Big Short, and more recently, Arrival, Fences, and Silence.